Saturday, October 6, 2007

Life in Yei

It's now my 4th day on the SP church reconstruction compound in Yei, South Sudan and life is good. I must admit however I was the first of the new arrivals to come down with a bug...literally! I've been in bed the better part of the last 36 hours as sick as I've been before. The sang over here is "The first man down, the first man up"...whatever I still feel terrible. Anyhow, I've learned my role over the next 12 months. I will be the field finacial officer for the entire program. Maybe a bit different from what I initally imagined, but a lot more responsibility than previously thought. There are 2 divisions in this project. The Yei base (the main hub with 4 sub-bases) and the Nuba Mts (can't even find on a map). I will be overseeing finances for the Yei project and their 4 sub-plots...should be a great learning experience. The project has grown so quick, they've outgrown all the previous system and the financal end has suffered. I have a friend from the Boone office overseeing all of the finances in South Sudan that was destined for Nairobi, but (by the grace of God) will be living here in Yei. Big Help! Anyhow, continue to pray for the people of Sudan and the continued peace in this region. I'll explain more when I'm feeling better...love you all Joey

10 comments:

James Holder said...

Love ya brother! Keep up the good work, Katherine and I are praying!

Paula said...

Hi son,
Praying that God will continue to strengthen you physically and spiritually. So good to hear your voice today, to bad the connection drops out like our Nextel phones :(
We miss you, take great care. Press on friend.
Mom

Novella said...

Miss you lots Joey, but Im glad you're feeling better! Im praying for you always! MWHA!~ Luv, Vella

Youth Missions and Outreach said...

Hi Joe, you will be a financial wizzard in a year's time. You are made for such a time like this - academically, spiritually, emotionally, physically... for SUDAN..in SUDAN.. via SUDAN. Praying that you will get better. In the meantime, rejoice that you are in Christ and making disciples. That's rad. Bel

Sean said...

The Gators were winning the whole game and in the forth were up by ten. I had noboby to call to express my joy, so I called your pops! After I called him the Gators fell apart and ended up losing by 4. They rep'd Gator nation well though. I miss you man. May the Lord continue to keep you as you grow in your knowledge of Him and may He bless the fruit of your labor. HOLLA!

Unknown said...

Hey Joemama we miss ya man !!! im praying for you and hope that everytday God can use u in amazing ways to change lives ....Im gonna send you a bday gift and cant wait to come up and visit ya ...Still planning with Vella and LeeBreeMan lol ttul ....luv ya miss ya Tchau !!!!! : )

Richard said...

Hi Joe,
Sorry you have been sick but glad you have arrived safely...Thinking and praying for you....Richard

Dayna and LaMar said...

Hello Joe!!!
We just want you to know we love you and miss you! We will keep you in our prays!!!

Paula said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Joey, happy birthday to you!
Hallelujah...we love & miss you
Dad & Mom

Anonymous said...

Why have a blog when no one can print and read your writing. To be a true witness you should allow people to decide whethter they want to read it or print and read it. This is the first blog I came across that I can't choose whether I can print it and read it because I like what I see in the blog.