Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Less than a week!

4 days to go and....wow, it seems like last week I got the call. What a good God we serve!! He uses your passions and desires to draw you closer to Him. He's sending me half-way around the world, puts me in an incredible adventurous yet dangerous position, and gives me everything and everyone at home to MISS.......simply to draw me closer to Him, to reveal His true character. What an opportunity! Psalm 86: Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.
Thanks for everyone's prayers and support...if I didn't say goodbye to anyone I truly am sorry.
I leave this Sunday morning and arrive in Nyrobi, Kenya October 1st. I should leave Kenya for Yei, Sudan a week or so after. BTW, check out where I'm going on Google Earth, it's really quite interesting...Love you all and already missing you :)

3 comments:

Youth Missions and Outreach said...

Hi Joe
He who calls you by name, shows you where to take the next step. As one who has responded to the call, I know you will feel all these emotions in the next year: blessed, stretched, tried, tested, growing, unwilling at times, alone, wasted, sheltered, his strong arms, his correcting voice, ...BUT approved finally at the end of your journey in a SEASON. Keep walking, keep trusting, keep moving, until the day the trumpet calls. Bel

Paula said...

Son,
The day has come, we just got back from the airport. Dad & I are crying tears of joy over the direction God is leading. Thank You Jesus for a son with such a willing heart and sweet spirit. We pray for protection, health, growth, compassion and peace in your life. You belong first to God and we know He has a awesome plan for your life. He loves you Joey and so do Dad & I. We are so proud of you son and will always be here for you. God is filling your heart with dreams and faith is giving you the courage to dare to do great things for the kingdom. We can't wait to hear from you about what God is doing in Sudan. Press on friend, we love you (and already miss you)
Stay in the Word
His,
Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Joey we already miss you i hope you are safe and do amazing things , dont worry i will take care of Vella for you she is an amazing women of God PERFECT FOR YOU : ) , we will be praying for you and in no time at all we will be there to visit , May God take care of you on this mission and bless you in all ways ... I love you my big Brother and cant wait to see all that is to come .....dany